The mashed potatoes are delicious and tender are loyal partner serving delicious steaks. The mashed potatoes are also suitable for you who have to eat soft food but bored with porridge. Although it seems simple, but the mashed potatoes were processed in the wrong way will be like blob of potatoes that were given glue, because the starch in potatoes can make the potatoes so sticking and clumping. So how do I make perfect mashed potatoes and fat-free?
Basically you just need potatoes, butter, cream or milk, and salt to make mashed potatoes. But because the ingredients are not too diverse that you should be able to process properly mashed potatoes that taste delicious.
Try some of the tips to cook mashed potatoes following:
1. Warm the milk or cream that you use before you mix it with mashed potatoes.
2. Mix the butter with mashed potatoes before you insert the cream or milk. The addition of butter earlier than cream or milk will make the potato starch coated by the butter, so the potatoes become tender.
3. If you use salted butter, use caution when spice up your mashed potatoes with salt. Therefore, we recommend that you use unsalted butter so it wont too be salty.
4. Do not use a blender or food processor to grind your mashed potatoes, mashed potatoes because you will get will be textured like glue. Blend your mashed potatoes with a fork or other manual equipment.
5. You do not need to peel or cut potatoes when boiling or steaming potatoes. Potatoes are not cut or peeled will absorb less water, so it does not become watery mashed potatoes and potato easier to absorb the cream or milk. But do not forget to wash and peel the potatoes before the process before mashed potatoes while hot.
You can still enjoy a diet with delicious dishes, if the food is cooked the right way. One example, make fat-free mashed potatoes. .
455 grams of potatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1/2 cup Free fat vegetable broth
Salt and pepper to taste
How to make:
1. Boil the potatoes until soft.
2. Drain the potatoes and transfer to a large bowl.
3. Mash the potatoes slowly while adding sour cream, broth, and seasonings.
4. Mash the potatoes constantly until smooth.
With the selection of this fat-free ingredients, you can meet the nutritional intake: 130 calories, zero grams of fat, and protein 4.5 grams. If you make a traditional mashed potatoes, without special materials selection, you get 496 calories, 33 grams of fat and 24 grams of protein.
The difference in the amount of calories, fat and protein is due to several things:
1. Choose free fat sour cream, skim milk, or buttermilk instead of cream and butter.
2. Add flavor with herbs such as garlic instead of using fat.