Odor in the freezer will easily contaminate food stored in it. So that food stays fresh, odor should be eliminated from your freezer. Odor or stench generally derived from meat that has expired or partially melted so decomposed. Another source of odor can come from a soup or sauce that is not sealed. In many cases, the odor will remain until the freezer is cleaned thoroughly.
Here are tips Tips How to Remove Refrigator Odors.
1. Remove all food from the freezer. Discard rotten or expired food.
2. Mix 2 tbsp. baking soda with warm water. Rub the inside of the freezer, shelves, and doors.
3. Add 1 tbsp. bleach into 5 liters of warm water. Rub freezer with this solution after finished cleaning with a solution of baking soda. Bleach solution serves as a disinfectant to kill the germs.
4. Leave the freezer door open for 15 minutes. If necessary, point the fan into the freezer for air circulation more smoothly. Check the freezer after 15 minutes, to find out if there are still remaining odor.
Fill a shallow pot with coffee grounds if the odor was smelled. Insert coffee grounds into the freezer and let sit for three or four days. Let freezer continue to operate normally. After three or four days, remove the coffee grounds and clean the freezer interior surfaces using a mixture of 1 cup vinegar and 1 cup of warm water. Open the freezer door and let air circulate for 15 minutes.
b. Cotton balls.
Use a cotton swab soaked in aromatherapy oil and place the cotton balls in the refrigerator to get a delicious odor disappears.
c . Oatmeal.
Put a bowl of dry oatmeal without feeling in the refrigerator. Let stand in the refrigerator until the odor disappears and oatmeal will absorb the odor.
d . Lemon.
Cut the lemon in half and place in a bowl along with the juice. Add a little salt and place in the refrigerator for several days. Not only will lose the stench, the refrigerator will be clean and fresh lemon scented.
e. Tomato juice.
Empty the contents of the refrigerator before cleaning it with tomato juice. After that, clean the inside of the refrigerator with a sponge soaked in fresh tomato juice (without sugar), then rinse with clean water. Drain briefly and refrigerator will be clean and fresh aroma.
Knead a few sheets of paper, then spray with water and place the sheet in the refrigerator during the night. Odor will be absorbed in the paper and the refrigerator will flavorful fresh again.
Put a few pieces of charcoal unused into several small bowls. Then place the bowls in the refrigerator and let stand for several days and let the refrigerator closed. The odor will be absorbed by the charcoal.
6. Repeat the above steps as necessary. If the odor remains missing, call a technician to determine the cause of odor.